If you are having copy-paste issues with your Windows, please see the steps below.
Has the copy-paste feature stopped working for you?
If you’re anything like me, you probably use the copy-paste function on your computer all the time. So this problem is annoying, or just downright frustrating.
Fortunately, the fix is easy.
Here are a few solutions to fix your broken Copy-Paste function in Windows 10.
Tip 1. Close your open programs
Let’s start with the easiest solution. Having multiple windows open at the same time can cause a variety of issues, like copy-paste failure.
To resolve, close all your open programs by right-clicking on the program icon on your taskbar then selecting Close Window.
Or, you can use Task Manager to get the program terminated.
- Hold Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open the Task Manager
- Click the programs you have open, then click End task to close it
Tip 2: Clear your Clipboard
If you have copied a lot of items, your computer’s Clipboard may get full. Here’s how to clear your Clipboard:
- Select the Start button on the bottom left of your screen
- Type CMD, then right-click Command Prompt
- Select Run as administrator
- When prompted, select Yes
- On command prompt type the following command below and hit Enter
cmd /c “echo off | clip”
Tip 3: Update your Computer
If tips 1 or 2 don’t solve the problem, you may be experiencing copy-paste problems due to system glitches. Updating your computer can fix major and minor bugs.
Here’s how to check for available updates:
- Press Windows Key + I to open Settings
- Select the Update & Security category
- Then, select Check for Updates and follow the prompts
Tip 4: Run System File Checker
Copy-paste issues can happen when critical files are missing or corrupted. The System File Checker will find missing and corrupted files on your system that may solve your copy-paste problems.
To run the System File Checker:
- Open the Start menu and type CMD in the search bar
- Right-click Command Prompt and select Run as Administrator
- On Command Prompt, type the command below and hit Enter:
Step 5: Update your Device Drivers
If the issue persists, you might need to update your computer’s drivers.
WinZip Driver Updater will search for missing and outdated drivers, then find the correct, up-to-date drivers so you can download them with ease.