Windows update is essential in keeping your computer system secure. And not only that, but it also fixes major and minor bugs to your operating system. Thus resulting in a well-running machine.
Some of us might have encountered issues running Windows Update. Windows Updater gets stuck, or the updater itself is showing errors.
I’ll be sharing tips on how to overcome these issues.
Step 1: Run Troubleshooter
The easiest way to fix the Windows Update issue is to run the Windows Update troubleshooter itself. It is a built-in program that Microsoft created to address and resolve this issue.
1. Please go to your Start Menu
2. Select Control Panel
3. From Category > Choose Large or Small icons
4. Select Troubleshooting > In the left pane, click on View all
5. Find Windows Update > Select it
6. Windows Update Troubleshooter > Follow the on-screen instructions to resolve your problem
7. Restart your PC for the changes to take effect and see if you can use Windows Update now
Step 2: Restart Windows Update Service
1. Please go to Start and type Run
2. On run type services.msc then press Enter(If you see a prompt message on your screen, select Yes.)
3. Search for the Windows Update service
4. Select Restart
5. If you see an error, right-click the service and select Properties
6. On properties, you will be able to see Startup type > Automatic
7. Then reboot your computer, and see if this fixes the issue
Step 3: Run System File Checker
1. Please go to start and type CMD, right-click app then select Run as Administrator
2. Type the following command shown below, and then press Enter
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
3. Please be patient as this would take awhile to complete
4. Once completed, type the following command and press Enter.
For detailed instruction on how to run SFC Scan, please visit the link below.
5. Close the command prompt, and then run Windows Update again
Step 4: Fix Registry Issues
If the problem is still present, I’d suggest checking your registry for issues.
I’d recommend our very own registry cleaner program. WinZip Registry Optimizer is a simple program that will scan your registry for issues and fix them.
To know more about WinZip Registry Optimizer, please visit the link below.
Step 5: Scan your computer for Malware
More often than not, Malware is the most common reason why you are experiencing Windows Update issues, if you have a security program installed on your computer, you may run your security program and scan your system.
Alternatively, you could use our security program which is WinZip Malware Protector. This program will find and destroy malware programs hidden in your computer.
To know more about WinZip Malware Protector, please visit the link below.